RAN A-4G+ Skyhawk 2002

RAN A-4G+ Skyhawk 2002

Thursday, January 23, 2014

What if Me-262 oil dot technique.

Finally I'm able to get back into the model room (which is outside) after the ridiculous heat we've had here in Adelaide, South Australia lately. On the hottest of the days it was 46 degrees Celsius!(That's 115 degrees Fahrenheit). There's no way you can model in  heat like that.


Anyway I've decided to do a bit more of the oil dot technique. But! Just before getting stuck into that I decided to add a bit more of Sin Industries Grey filter on the wheels to give them that dusty feel, and guess what happened? The starboard main wheel fell off! Great!! Just as I'm almost ready to photograph it for the online comp, this happens!

Looks like the thinner in the mixture eat through the glue?

Oil dots on...........


Oil dots off.



Tomorrow I'll have a good look in the daylight to see if I need to tone down any of the marks left by the technique. I can see already that around the cannon ports there may be an issue?

So, now I have to drill, pin and re-glue the starboard main wheel and do the oil dot technique on the starboard side too.

It looks like Mig may well allow more time for us modellers struggling to get their models finished for the deadline. I hope so!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ, that's quite the heat wave!

Sorry about your wheel.

Your oil dot results look nice and subtle.


-MJ