RAN A-4G+ Skyhawk 2002

RAN A-4G+ Skyhawk 2002

Monday, April 5, 2010

Studio Gekko - The continuation of Gekko Graphics.

Hi guys,

as of writing I'm completely new to this blogging business and have to admit I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, so, bare with me and I'll learn as I go.

Some of you may be wandering what the hell ever happened to Gekko Graphics? Well, in short, nothing. I simply let it lay dormant as I tried to get my life together and prioritise what was happening around me that was for the most part out of my control.

Like a lot of people, life has its up's and down's. Mine being no different. When I started Gekko Graphics I was unemployed, married and had one child. Now I'm a Supermarket Manager, am still married and have three children!

Children, as I'm sure you know if you have any, are a lot of work! Trying to run a home business, raise children as well as look for full time employment was more than I could handle. My wife, Criss, helped as much as she could, but basically I was doing all of Gekko on my own and there just simply wasn't enough of me to go around, so production of new Gekko Graphics material came to a stop.

Trying to make a living from a home business, so I soon discovered, is pretty much impossible, so looking for fulltime work had to prioritise. Lucky for me I found work in a supermarket and have slowly worked my way up to a Managerial position. In the mean time Gekko was put on hold and work and kids became my daily focus.

I'd noticed some of these blogs popping up here and there and thought it may be a good way to get back in touch with the modelling community and give me a chance to let those who were interested know what I was up to these days.

Gekko Graphics is still on hold for the time being as I prioritise my main job, and of course the family. However I am still working on decals, as well as building models, practising techniques and continuing my other loves, they being writing and "What if" subjects.

On this blog I hope to be able to show many of my "What if" side profiles and stories that have found their home on various web sites and bring them here in one easy to find location for you all to enjoy, and perhaps get some encouragement to do more.

So, that's basically where I'm at at the moment.

1 comment:

Captain Doom said...

Richard, Love the new blog! Missed you while you were away from the hobby, hope to see you more often! Kepp on profilin'!

Jeff (BlackOps)Goff